Advertisement for Recruitment on Long Term Contract basis at MUDRA
Company Secretary cum Compliance officer – 1 position
Government of India (GOI) has setup a Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Ltd., hereinafter referred to as MUDRA, as a wholly owned subsidiary of SIDBI.
Primary objective of MUDRA is to provide refinance to all eligible institutions in the business of lending to micro / small business entities engaged in manufacturing, trading and services activities with a loan requirement up to `10 lakh.
MUDRA would also look for new partners and channel agencies to provide finance to Last Mile Financiers of small / micro business enterprises. MUDRA would further work to strengthen these institutions by extending other development support to expand their outreach, and also monitor the lending for micro enterprises.
MUDRA is presently a Company registered under Companies Act 2013 and is a Non-Banking Financial Institution. MUDRA invites applications from interested candidates as detailed below:
|S. No.||Name of posts||Type of Post||No. of positions in each post|
|1||Company Secretary cum Compliance Officer||On fixed term contract of 3 years||1|
Mumbai (or any other place in India as may be decided by MUDRA in future).
|No. of positions||1 (One)|
|Age||Maximum 40 years as on September 30, 2022|
· Should be an Associate / Fellow Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
· Law Graduate from a recognized University and knowledge on legal matters will be desirable.
· Demonstrate commitment to carrying out tasks on time and under deadline.
· Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills, analytical ability, initiative, drive and commitment to quality system.
· Age not exceeding 40 years as on September 30, 2022.
|Experience||As on September 30, 2022
· Post qualification, minimum secretarial experience of not less than 5 years and should be familiar with matters pertaining to Company Law, Secretarial functions, Compliances required by Reserve Bank of India / Registrar of Companies in respect of NBFCs, Legal, Finance Accounts, Income Tax, Sales Tax & Insurance etc. Preference shall be given to candidate having experience of working in large NBFCs, Banks or financial Institutions.
Note: Applications without relevant experience certificate would be rejected.
|Job Description / Key responsibilities||· Providing secretarial assistance to the Company, including dealing with Board matters, filing of returns and providing advice to the management as and when necessary.
· Complying with guidelines of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for Non-Banking Financial Companies matters.
· Filing, registering any document including forms, returns and applications by and on behalf of the company as an authorized representative with RBI, ROC or any other competent authority.
· Drafting Legal documents, Notice, Agendas, Minutes & all other corporate Documents.
· Compliance with various authorities like Reserve Bank of India (RBI), FEMA, Registrar of Companies (ROC) etc.
· Compliance with secretarial and corporate laws.
· Co-ordinating board/committee/annual general meetings/extra ordinary general meeting and follow-up actions thereof.
· Custodian of corporate records, statutory books and registers.
· Advising company on Compliance of legal and procedural aspects, Companies Act, RBI Act, matters relating to NBFCs, Consumer Protection Act, Labour and Industrial Laws, Management, Valuation and Audit, Drafting of Legal Documents, Manpower planning and development etc.
· Representing company before the courts, tribunals, tax authorities and other statutory / regulatory authorities as and when required.
· Communication with various stakeholders, like Shareholders, Government, Regulators, Authorities etc. and also Maintaining Industrial relations.
· Any other matters relating to the company secretarial assignment and compliance of various statutory, regulatory and other reporting.
|Remuneration||· The remuneration of Company Secretary may be kept in the range of Rs. 8 Lakh to Rs. 18 Lakh per annum. It will be in the form of a total package. The selected candidate will also be eligible for annual increments not exceeding 10% based on the performance and prevailing HR policy.|
- MUDRA reserves the right to raise / modify the eligibility criteria in minimum educational qualification (including the percentage marks secured at Graduation level) and minimum post qualification work experience depending upon the response in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview.
- The qualification and experience can be relaxed at the discretion of the Competent Authority, at any stage of selection process, in case the Competent Authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates possessing the requisite qualification & experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
- The cut-off date for calculating the age of candidates is September 30, 2022.
- Addendum/Corrigendum, if any, will be published on MUDRA website only. Candidates should refer to the same before submission of final application.
- MUDRA reserves the right to decide the grade & remuneration based on performance of the candidate. Compensation will not be a limiting factor for the right candidate and will be discussed on a case by case basis. The final decision regarding Annual increment/variable compensation will be taken by the Competent Authority at MUDRA, based on the overall performance of the candidate.
- Selection would be by way of shortlisting through Personal Interview before the Selection Committee, which will be held at Mumbai or any other place in person or on video conferencing, on a suitable date (to be informed in due course). MUDRA or its authorized agency will undertake the preliminary screening of the applications received, and shortlist eligible candidates as per merit to be called for interview. Thus, merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement would not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The selected candidate would be recruited on fixed term contract of 3 years, extendable by 3 more years on each renewal at the discretion of MUDRA.
- HOW TO APPLY
- Eligible candidates shall apply in the prescribed format by downloading the same from our website viz. mudra.org.in or which is attached to this document.
- The duly filled-in application, scanned file in PDF format, (in English or Hindi) after affixing latest passport size photograph (copy of resume may also be enclosed) bearing full signature of the candidate across the same with date, should be forwarded through e-mail with subject “Application for the post of Company Secretary cum Compliance Officer ” to email ID mudra firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 15, 2022 as per Appendix I.
- The duly signed hard copy of application has to be sent by courier/speed post/ registered post (in a cover super-scribed “Application for the post of Company Secretary Cum Compliance Officer” before the last date of submission of application or at the time of interview failing which candidature shall be rejected.
- However, the candidates who have only e-mailed the duly filled application with supporting documents in PDF formats and not submitted the application by courier/speed post/ registered post before the last date of submission have to mandatorily submit the hard copy of the signed application along with all supporting documents at the time of interview.
- Applications should be accompanied by self-attested scanned copies in PDF format of relevant certificate(s)/ documents, in support of proof of identity, address, age, educational qualification (educational certificates/ mark-sheets), work experience, etc., as mentioned in the application form. An application not accompanied by photocopies/ scanned copies (in cases of applied online) of relevant certificate(s) / documents, or not in prescribed format or not signed by the candidate or incomplete in any respect or received after due date / last date of submission of applications will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Kindly note that only prescribed application forms shall be acceptable and application in any other form shall not be acceptable.
- All communication with Candidates shall be on the email-id furnished in the Application Form.
- Candidates called for interview, if appearing in person, shall be paid fare equivalent to economy class airfare from their place of residence/work to the place of interview and back by shortest route in India or fare actually incurred by the candidate whichever is less (Original Tickets, Boarding passes, Taxi fare receipts need to be presented along with the claim for reimbursement).
- MUDRA will in no case be responsible for non-receipt of applications or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever.
- Applications which are materially incomplete or are submitted without essential documents as prescribed in the Application form or are received (through mail) after the prescribed date will not be considered.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview shall have to produce all certificates in original for verification of their age, educational qualification, experience details, etc. at the time of interview. Failure to produce the same shall render the candidate ineligible for the recruitment process.
- Candidates are advised that they should not furnish any particulars or information that are false, tampered / fabricated or should not suppress any material information while applying for the post.
- In case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria for the post applied for and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled forthwith. If any of these shortcomings is / are detected even after the appointment, his/her services will be liable to be terminated forthwith.
- Decisions of MUDRA in all matters regarding eligibility, selection, etc., would be final and binding on the applicants for the post. No representation or correspondence will be entertained by MUDRA in this regard. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
The MD & CEO,
Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Limited (MUDRA)
6th Floor, Swavalamban Bhawan, C-11, G-Block,
Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051
Appendix – I
RECRUITMENT OF SUITABLE PROFESSIONALS AT MUDRA
(ON LONG TERM CONTRACT BASIS)
FILL ALL THE INFORMATION IN LEGIBLE BLOCK LETTERS STRICTLY AS PER THE FORMAT
|PLEASE AFFIX (DO NOT STAPLE) YOUR RECENT PASSPORT SIZE COLOUR PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGN IN SUCH MANNER THAT SIGNATURE APPEARS PARTIALLY ON PHOTOGRAPH & PARTIALLY ON APPLICATION FORM.
(Before filling in Application Form, please read carefully all the Instructions contained in the detailed advertisement)
- Application for the post (indicate the name in appropriate box)
|Name of post
(as per the advertisement)
- NAME IN FULL (Surname first) (leave one box blank between two parts of your name)
Shri / Smt. / Kum. [as it appears on your educational certificate]
- FATHER’S / HUSBAND’S NAME (Surname first) (leave one box blank between two parts of the name)
- ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE (leave one box blank between two parts of the address)
- CONTACT INFORMATION
|E – MAIL ADDRESS||
|Alternate E – MAIL ADDRESS|
|ALTERNATE MOBILE NUMBER|
- PERMANENT ADDRESS (leave one box blank between two parts of the address)
- DATE OF BIRTH
- AGE (as on April 01, 2022)
- BIRTH PLACE
- 9. NATIONALITY ___________________________________________
- INDICATE BY TICK MARK IN APPROPRIATE BOX.
- RELIGION _______________________________________________
- Category (please tick appropriate column)
- Languages known (please tick appropriate column)
|Name of Language||Read||Write||Speak|
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (as on April 01, 2022, Graduation onwards)
|Name of University /
|Subject details||Month & Year
|Percentage Marks obtained
|Class / Division|
|[Add rows if needed]|
Note: Attested photocopies of certificates / mark sheets / degree / diploma etc. in respect of educational qualifications must be attached with the application form.
|Whether proficient in computers? Yes No |
|If yes, please furnish the details||
- PARTICULARS OF EXPERIENCE (As on September 30, 2022, starting from present)
Please note that post qualification experience will be counted after the date of acquiring the prescribed qualification.
|Name / Address and Telephone No. of Employer||Post Held||Period of
Service (please give dates)
|Nature of duties
performed in brief
for leaving the job
|[Add rows if needed]|
Note: Documentary evidence in support of requisite experience for the post applied must be enclosed.
[I hereby certify that all statements made in this application are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing material has been concealed therefrom. I understand that if at any time during the process of recruitment / selection / subsequent contract period in the Bank, it is found that any information / statement / data given in this application is false / incorrect / any material fact suppressed OR I do not satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement for the post applied for, my candidature / appointment is liable to be cancelled / terminated forthwith without giving any notice or reasons thereof. I also undertake to abide by all the terms and conditions of the advertisement given by MUDRA Ltd. I further declare that I have read the Detailed Advertisement and undertake to abide by the same]
DATE: __________________ (SIGNATURE OF THE CANDIDATE)
PLACE: _________________ FULL NAME: ___________________
* * * * * *